BCS Level 1 Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- IT User Fundamentals: This focuses on some of the main concepts of IT. You’ll look at the main features of Windows and the management of files and folders, as well as many other topics.
- Using Email and the Internet: In this module you’ll carry out basic Web tasks, such as searching, bookmarking, printing and using email programs.
- Security for IT Users: In this module you will learn about the security risks of computer use and the various ways of protecting yourself at home and work.
This course has been designed to give users a basic introduction to computing with relevant skills in using the basic tools required for an IT user.
BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (ECDL Extra)
- Word Processing: This focuses on the basics of creating, formatting and finishing a word processing document. You’ll also look at more advanced features such as inserting tables and images, importing objects and using mail merge tools.
- Spreadsheet Software: This focuses on the basics of creating spreadsheets. You’ll also learn advanced techniques such as accomplishing logical operations and importing objects.
- Presentation Software: In this module you’ll learn how to create presentations for a variety of audiences and situations. You’ll learn how to use graphics, charts and slideshow effects.
- Improving Productivity Using IT: This develops your ability to plan and evaluate procedures that use IT tools. You’ll learn to make independent decisions in order to increase productivity through IT.
This qualification is designed specifically for those who wish to build on their initial experience and basic knowledge and improve their understanding of computer applications.
It allows learners to gain a benchmark qualification in using a computer and helps them to develop their IT skills and enhance their career prospects.
It is also aimed at those learners who have completed a level 1 qualification and wish to develop further their computer skills.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]