Who is this course for?
The qualification is suitable for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of dementia problems, the factors that cause dementia and the ways that dementia can be managed. The course is also suitable for those who already work in this area, anyone who wants to secure a job linked to dementia and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
What are the benefits?
- • Gain a nationally recognised qualification
• Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
• Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
• Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- 1. Dementia awareness
- 2. Person-centered approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- 3. Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- 4. Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- 5. Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- 6. Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- 7. Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
How are the qualifications achieved?
- Paper-based learning with online assessments.
- Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
- no exams just assessments
- Course length: 8-12 weeks
Where can I go next?
- Full Diploma In Adult Care L2
- Funding is available for companies within your LEP area. A Training Needs Analysis must be completed first to establish eligibility.