Who is this course for?
The qualification is suitable for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of mental health problems, the factors that cause mental ill-health and the ways that mental health problems can be managed. The course is also suitable for those who already work in this area, anyone who wants to secure a job linked to mental health and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
What are the benefits?
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Understanding mental health
- Understanding stress
- Understanding anxiety
- Understanding phobias
- Understanding depression
- Understanding post-natal depression
- Understanding bipolar disorder
- Understanding schizophrenia
- Understanding dementia
- Understanding eating disorders
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Understanding Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
How are the qualifications achieved?
Paper-based learning with online assessments. Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. No exams just assessments
Course length: 8-12 weeks
Where can I go next?
Full Diploma in Adult Care L2
Funding is available for companies within your LEP area. A Training Needs Analysis must be completed first to establish eligibility.