Who is this course for?
Ideal for employees needing to develop knowledge and understanding regarding good practice in workplace Mentoring of existing employees.
What are the benefits?
- Develop workforce knowledge of Mentoring
- Gain new skills to improve your business
- Motivated and up skilled workforce
- Achieve Accredited Award
- The nature and purpose of workplace mentoring
- Formal and informal workplace mentoring
- The role and responsibilities of a workplace mentor
- The range of stakeholders (including the mentee) who may have an interest in workplace mentoring and the role they may take
- The knowledge, skills possessed by a quality workplace mentor
- The behaviours exhibited by a quality workplace mentor
- The role of professional standards in workplace mentoring
- Approaches to planning and managing quality workplace mentoring
- The differences and similarities between workplace mentoring and other developmental approaches including coaching and training
- Models of mentoring practice
- Ethical and effective use of power and influence to achieve positive mentee-centred outcomes
- Theories and techniques of goal and objective setting
- Theories of communication and their application to workplace mentoring
- Offering advice and guidance and the personal responsibilities this includes
- Assessment tools for understanding and exploring preferences in the workplace e.g. Learning Styles, VAK. Belbin, situational leadership, interpersonal skills inventory, competency frameworks, conflict resolution etc
- Organisational information and their relevance when mentoring within the workplace – job descriptions, behaviours, competency frameworks
- Approaches to developing and maintaining quality mentoring records and how these can be used effectively to monitor progress
- The range of barriers that may exist when implementing workplace mentoring including individual, operational and organisational level and strategies that may help minimise or overcome these
How are the qualifications achieved?
The participant attends a locally based one day workshop where they will complete a training session and an assignment (depending on the individuals chosen route which will have been agreed beforehand).
One Day Workshop - (3 Credits)
Where can I go next?
This workshop can provide a progression route to
- Management Diploma or Apprenticeship.
- ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
Funding is available for companies within your LEP area. A Training Needs Analysis must be completed first to establish eligibility.