Who is this course for?
Ideal for employees needing to develop knowledge and understanding regarding good practice in workplace coaching of existing employees.
What are the benefits?
- Develop workforce knowledge of coaching
- Gain new skills to improve your business
- Motivated and up skilled workforce
- Achieve Accredited Award
• Nature and role of coaching in the workplace
• Behaviours required by a workplace coach
• Skills, abilities and characteristics of an effective workplace coach
• Development goals that can be met through coaching
• Following a process of effective coaching using a recognised model (e.g. GROW, OSCAR, ARROW or similar)
• Nature and purpose of, and best practice in agreeing, goals and learning outcomes
• Exploration of the coach and line manager responsibilities – differences and potential conflicts
• Strategies to overcome workplace barriers to coaching (negotiation, alternative locations, etc)
• Progress monitoring methodologies and records
How are the qualifications achieved?
The participant attends a locally based one day workshop where they will complete a training session and an assignment (depending on the individuals chosen route which will have been agreed beforehand).
One Day Workshop - (3 Credits)
Where can I go next?
This workshop can provide a progression route to:
- Higher Level Workshop
- Management Diploma or Apprenticeship.
- ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
Funding is available for companies within your LEP area. A Training Needs Analysis must be completed first to establish eligibility.